As requested by many many many people in the XDA forum, I have uploaded the radio drivers, so that people would stop posting about dead links. I’ll try to be as up to date as I could be, but not promising everything. Credits goes to the XDA legend ‘AdamG’.
I have compiled a list of FAQ with their answers. Before commenting please read this post and ask further questions there.
32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 (ed8e50f28f7d7aa1063e9d8ce1d5230d) (Latest)
As many have said, I do not know which radio is the best. However due to many technical issues, I have resorted to use the ’32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2′.
For your convenience, I have included AdamG’s tutorial on how to flash: (Original here)
How to flash the radios:
- Make sure you have the usb driver installed from the android sdk
- Turn your desire off
- Hold the back button and turn your desire on
- When you are at the white screen, make sure BOOTLOADER is selected and press the power button
- Wait a few seconds then press volume down to select RECOVERY and press the power button again
- When you are at the screen with the red triangle and the phone, plug in the usb cable
- Run the recovery-windows.bat script from modaco r5 root pack
- When the recovery menu appears select ‘Flash zip from sdcard’
- Select the radio zip file and press the trackerball to confirm
- Press the trackerball over ‘Reboot system now’
- When the radio image has finished being written unplug the usb cable
- The phone will reboot a couple of times and then return to a normal state with your new radio
Or here is my version (useful when no computers are around):
- Download the radio to your SD card.
- Turn off the phone fully,
- Hold down VolDown key and press the power button once. Keep on holding the VolDown.
- When you see the white screen, let go.
- Wait for a few seconds .. usually count to 7 would work.
- Scroll down to ‘recovery’ using the VolDown VolUp keys. Select using power button.
- You get to the black page, with a few lines of text. Now start using your optical pad.
- Go to “Install zip from sdcard”.
- Navigate and select the zip.
- Accept and flash.
- Phone will restart a few of times, then you will come back and boot up again with your new radio.
There maybe times when either methods wont work, but that would be when you have changed the internal partition sizes (e.g. cache size), and therefore you should be pro enough to know how to flash radio’s without the need of recovery (i.e. through Fastboot).