Given that I am no longer an academic, I am no longer doing research-based projects. However, just a quick update on those who were following my DNAnalyser project:
- It was a great success. After all the pain and sleepless nights, I finally finished the parts that were useful for my project.
- The project was written in a ‘hook’ manner meaning that one could hook in their custom algorithm, or even custom data set and they would be able to use the application (obviously not for only DNA analyzing).
- It turns out that the visualizes and the K-Medoids algorithm found similarities in some of the sequences!
- Some of these similarities were somewhat related to brain development in embryos.
At this point, I had to hand in my thesis and had to stop working on it. However the code is maintained on my SVN server (http://websvn.mofirouz.com). The code is open-source and anyone can use or modify for it (for a good purpose).
So the new projects. There are three projects that I have planned to do, of which two are in active development:
- Java Mail with Push Notifier – because just having a small instant mail notifier does not exist!
- Java Native Notifier – because the idea of a library for native notification has been a dream as long as java existed! – in case all fails, there is a nice fallback notification.
- New theme! – I’m thinking navy blue. What do you think?
Obviously as all my projects are, these are going to be opensource – but rather on GitHub.
Well, that’s it for now. Good luck for now